Vredestein offers multiple tyre types and systems.
- Tube: a tyre with an inner tube. This can be glued to a special rim using Vredestein tubular cement. Available in the Race range, with either a latex or butyl inner tube (Pro Competition line).
Normal tyres hook into a rim with the help of a bead. Once the tyre is inflated, it stays in place on the rim. There are two types of these tyres:
- Foldable: a tyre with a foldable aramide bead. Available in the Race and MTB ranges (Competition line & Sport line).
- Wired: a tyre with a steel bead. Available in the Race (Sport line), MTB (Sport line & Standard line) and Tour/Trek/City ranges.
In the MTB range, Vredestein’s folding tyres use one of three systems:
- Tube Type: a conventional tyre with an inner tube. This can be fitted to a standard rim.
- UST Tubeless: a tyre with a special bead contour and a butyl coating on the inner side, which replaces an inner tube. This can be fitted to a tubeless rim.
- Tubeless Ready: a tyre with a special bead contour. Vredestein Tyre Sealant can replace an inner tube. This tyre can be fitted to a tubeless rim.