We all enjoy a good social ride don’t we!?
Come and join us on Saturdays and Wednesdays at HQ for a natter, a ride, more nattering and of course a cuppa!
Spring is almost upon us and thus, it is time for us to launch something new!
Big Maggys Wednesday and Saturday rides launch commencing Saturday 13th April and Wednesday 17th April weekly.
As many of you will know, we have moved to the International Finance Centre and our new store offers an Al Fresco seating area and direct access to the coast road and cycle ways.
Things you need to know about our rides:
– All welcome
– No fees
– Wear what kit you like
– We recommend helmets are worn
– We recommend you have insurance with British Cycling or similar to ensure you are covered for any incidents (Ask us for advice)
– Riders ride at their own liability
Saturdays: Meet 08:30 for 9am departure
Wednesdays: Meet 09:00 for a 9:30 departure
Big Maggys Ride Format:
– First group departs 09:00 sharp (09:30 Wednesdays)
– Depart Big Maggys in groups of 12 maximum
– 5 Minutes between groups
– Fastest riders last
– Target 11:00 back at shop for coffee
– Average speed 25kph first group
– 30kph fastest group
– Neutralized / slow last 5KM into the cafe
– Bikes should be racked outside or leaned against the railings
Route map for BMCC Saturday Route – Option 1 by Tony Moffa on plotaroute.com